Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On failure

Attempts at writing negatively went negatively.

On dietary failure.

Consider it a bona-fide trait of a douche if you must but I find it hard to search back in my mind to find a moment in time where failure has been the one topic on my mind, it occurs to me that this is either entirely due to Freudian repression or that I never fail... although Freudian repression would explain why I can't remember most of my 19th birthday. In trying to find the humour in my failures (as I'm sure all wise buddha have done, pfft) I think back to a more recent attempt of home cooking for the new household.

On the pursuit of women and inevitable failure.

As it is right now I very rarely have anything I actually need to do in a day and because of this finding something to occupy my scarily large amounts of spare time has become an increasingly humorous affair. As a result of this I have a tendency to spend a lot of time in places I don't belong which I guess imbues a sense of invincibility in me, I figure - in my own little dream world that if I'm not meant to be there then anything that does go wrong can be disbarred in my memory and put aside in the 'do not remember' pile. So with this mindset safely concreted into my ego, my housemate and myself were sitting around today, bored to death when we decided to visit his university and bum around, because what is more entertaining than going back to school on your day off? There are two things my male mind remembers from visiting the university today. Racing office chairs through the middle of the grounds and that cute girl that I tried to get the attention of. I look back now in reflection and both of those events are rather ridiculous attempts to garner attention from the general public, successful or not entirely dependent on how I look at it.

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © True Dreams of Wichita
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com